Too bad it is only 20 items long, but that is besides the point.
I have been thinking about this for a little while since I have a daughter who will need to learn things. While I have an extensive list that isn't the point.
What do I think she needs to know by the time she is 18, in no particular order?
1. How to buy, cook and store food.
2. How to drive and maintain a car.
3. How to keep house.
4. How to learn quickly and continuously.
5. How to read, comprehend and leverage material quickly.
6. How to manage her time, her life really, effectively and efficiently.
7. How to manage a project.
8. How to write, clearly and succinctly.
9. How to play a musical instrument.
10. How Physics, Chemistry and Biology are a major part of everyday life.
11. How history is tied together and shapes us today.
12. Enough math to understand how statistics are used and abused.
13. How to have charity, I'm still working on this.
14. How money works for and against you.
15. How to run a small business.
16. Learn another language: foreign or computer.
17. That life is all about helping people become better.
18. That truth is independent of the sphere that it has been placed in.
19. To have a personal relationship with God.
20. That being free is about being able to make the wrong choices and not making them, and that bondage is about not being able to make the right choices even if you want to.
21. To have joy.